Monday, August 1, 2016

Riverwalk Revisited


My final stop at the end of my fifth day of walking around Kyushu was the Riverwalk complex right next to the castle.


I'd been here several times before but it was such a great place for my kind of photos that I couldn't resist.


Designed by the  American architect Jon Jerde, Riverwalk comprises mostly of shops and offices, though there is also and art gallery and a TV studio.


Kokura is the closest point to Honshu, so I broke my journey here and headed home for a few days to spend the new year with my wife. Early in the new year I would be back for the next leg of my 78 day walk around Kyushu.


4 comments:

  1. on a different topic I saw someone is inking up manhole covers in N.Y. and printing them on tee shirts. I'm thinking of all those beautiful covers you have presented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right. See and review !!

    Superb

    ReplyDelete