Monday, March 7, 2011

Vacation 2010 Day 15: South Devon

dvn4736

My vacation was drawing to a close, so on my way back up to London to catch my flight home to Japan I stopped in to visit family in south Devon. South Devon is mostly rolling hills and while there is some tourism its mostly agricultural.

dvn4628

My nephews and niece live in an old farmhouse not far from Salcombe and Kingsbridge just a few miles inland from the coast.

dvn4663

We all went for a walk down to Soar Mill Cove. One thing that is very noticeable in England is the number of people who go for walks, often with dogs, for pleasure. Walking around Japan it is rare to meet people out walking.

dvn4697

The weather was not great, but added a dramatic touch.

dvn4714

1 comment:

  1. STUNNING photos in this post. I just stared at the black and white with the two people walking on the beach for a solid 70 seconds. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete